5 Most Important Questions to Ask Yourself When Selecting an Adult Plus Sized Diaper
Do you know your waist measurement? To ensure proper sizing, current waist and hip measurements are essential to finding the correct size adult diaper or pull-on. Some people may fall into various sizes depending on the brand of the product. If you're looking for a plus size adult diaper, consider the following products to stay protected and comfortable, day and night.
Questions to Ask When Selecting a Bariatric-Style Brief with Tabs
1. What is my current waist/hip measurement? - This is one of the most important questions to consider. Adult diaper brands vary, so measure yourself first, rather than guessing your size. Pant size do not correlate to diaper sizing, so please measure yourself correctly witha tape measure.
Tip - It’s important to measure the widest part of your waist and your hip for the most accuate size. For instructions on how to measure correctly, refer to our 'how-to' infographic.
NorthShore Adult Diapers Offered in Larger Sizes
NorthShore AirSupreme Briefs - These breathable briefs offer up to 8 hours of protection for individuals managing bladder and bowel leaks. With extra wide coverage in the front and rear, they offer maximum protection day and night. AirSupreme Briefs are available in the XL and 2XL size (waist measurements between 60 to 80 inches).
NorthShore GoSupreme Underwear - Built with secure leg openings, these underwear are ideal for individuals who have slim legs. FlexSupreme offers superior protection for individuals managing bowel and urinary incontinence. Available in sizes XL & XXL.
NorthShore FlexSupreme Underwear - Offering up to 8 hours of protection, FlexSupreme offers a flexible stretch-panel waistband which stays close to the body when wet. Designed for individuals managing urinary incontinence. Available in sizes XL and XXL.
NorthShore adult diapers and pull-ons
2. How much absorbency do I need? – According to Healthline.com, an adult can have an output of urine anywhere from 400 to 2,000 milliliters daily. Bariatric adult diapers products (depending on the size) can hold anywhere from 24-38 ounces. If you're managing lighter, infrequent leaks, then a liner is another option.
Tip - Monitor during what time of the day you’re experiencing leakage. Log any patterns you see and discuss with a health care professional.
3. What style of adult diaper suits my lifestyle? – For individuals who are bedridden or wheelchair-bound, a fitted brief may be the easiest product to change due to the refastenable hook or tape tabs.
Individuals who are active may prefer pull-on style underwear. Adult pull-up style diapers, such as FlexSupreme Underwear, offer a comfortable, stretch panel that stays close to the body.
4. What other products are available in larger sizes? – Depending on how much protection you need, diaper covers and booster pads can help for additional protection. Booster pads boost absorbency and are placed in disposable products. NorthShore's booster pads come in sizes from XL all the way up to an XXL.
Waterproof covers are worn over dispoable products and act as an additional layer of protection. The covers are breathable and are available in 6 colors: black, blush, navy blue, latte, gray and white. Available in XL, XXL, XXL, 4XL and 5XL sizes.
Tip – When selecting a diaper cover, make sure to measure around the thigh, this is the most important measurement. Leaks occur mostly in this area, so the cover should fit securely in this area.
5. What is the most comfortable product? To find the best bariatric adult diaper, we recommend sampling the product first. When wearing an adult diaper, is there too much space in the leg area? Are the tabs cutting into your hips? Make sure to be aware of how you feel when wearing the product.
Tip - Request a sample to try of these products by using our sample form. Diaper Covers are not eligible to sample. Please call us at (800) 563-0161 for assistance with sizing.
We understand it may be difficult to find plus size adult diapers, but NorthShore has options. NorthShore's brand of briefs and pull-ons offer superior absorbency, fit and comfort. Feel protected and comfortable with the right products, we can help.
Shop our absorbent briefs and pull-ons to stay protected day and night.
We're always happy to help!