Best Adult Diapers and Incontinence Products
Selecting an adult diaper or incontinence product can be overwhelming. “Which are the most absorbent adult diapers?” “Which are the best for overnight...side sleepers?” “Does sizing run large or small?” “Should I try the tab-style briefs or pull-on style underwear?” Our Customer Care & Service Experts can help answer these and any other questions with personalized recommendations and tips. Our online Product Finder can also identify a select group of products based on your specifications. We are always happy to suggest the right products to help keep you dry and comfortable.+ Read More - Show Less
Common Questions Related to Adult Diapers
What Are Adult Diapers?
Adult diapers, also known as tab-style briefs, diapers with tabs and briefs with tabs, help individuals manage urinary incontinence. Some also address bowel leakage. They are designed to absorb leaks, minimize odors and keep you dry and comfortable. Adult diapers help manage incontinence and help users return to a normal lifestyle.
People of all ages, genders and races can experience incontinence. There are numerous types of adult diapers designed with you or your loved one's lifestyle, incontinence type and preferences in mind.
Different Types of Adult Diapers
Adult incontinence diapers come in several styles, absorbency levels and even colors. At NorthShore, we strive to offer super-absorbent briefs to help users look good and stay confidently dry. Some of the best adult diaper types you can buy include:
Adult tab-style briefs are helpful for individuals with less mobile lifestyles or who want to be able to quickly change out of soiled undergarments. They are usually easiest to put on while the wearer is lying down. Tabs allow for convenient fastening around the waist to help achieve a secure fit.
Overnight adult diapers are similar to tab-style options but offer super-absorbent all-night protection when needed - or whenever long-lasting absorbency is a priority. Overnight diapers have higher absorbency levels to help prevent leaks and odors.
Plastic-backed adult diapers have a durable plastic exterior designed to help prevent leakage and odors, especially from bowel incontinence. Since they are made from plastic, these diapers are likely to create less friction against clothing.
NorthShore carries printed diapers for those looking to add a bit of color and/or style to their incontinence product collection. The only difference between printed and standard diapers is that this product comes in different colors and sometimes patterns.
If you or your loved one are looking for more absorbency, try booster pads. Also called 'diaper inserts,' users can place the pad inside an incontinence product such as an adult diaper with the adhesive backing. When filled with liquid, it flows through to the diaper or brief below for extra protection.
How to Choose an Adult Diaper
Choosing an adult diaper can be simple as long as you know what to look for as a user or caregiver. Some features you may want to consider include:
• Leg Protection: Anti-leak guards at leg openings can help ensure you or your loved one stays dry and experiences less leakage from the sides.
• Ease-of-Use: Adult diapers should be easy for the wearer or caregiver to apply. While pull-ups might work well for more independent individuals, tab-style briefs are more convenient for those who are less mobile as well as caregivers.
• Absorbency Levels: At NorthShore, products offer levels ranging from heavy protection all the way to massive capacity.
• Sizing: Finding the size that fits best is important in lowering the chances of leakage.
Adult Incontinence Products
NorthShore carries other incontinence products for individuals who might need more or different types of protection. Some of these additional items include:
• Pull-Up Style Underwear: Adult pull-ons, which are sometimes referred to as protective underwear, slide up over the wearer's legs and are similar to regular underwear. They protect individuals from leaks and other incontinence-related problems. Protective underwear is typically best suited for users who are more mobile.
• Wipes: Make cleaning up easier with the help of Supreme Wipes, which are extra-long, gentle and hypoallergenic. Also available in travel and baby sizes.
• Underpads and Bed Pads: Use these products on top of sheets for additional absorbency that helps contain leakage and the need to change bed coverings.
• Waterproof Covers: Put these covers over an adult diaper, protective underwear or absorbent liner to help prevent leaks from getting onto clothing.
Order Adult Diapers From NorthShore Today
Ready to buy adult diapers? Browse our selection of tab-style briefs and related products today. NorthShore offers discreet shipping and hassle-free returns. Please contact us online if you have questions or want more information.