14 Creative Ways to Use Dog Underpads
Now that your furry four-foot bestie is fully trained to go to the bathroom outside, do you wonder what to do with the heap of dog underpads collecting dust in the corner? Or perhaps they were gifted to you but you never used them because your dog was already disciplined and experienced with relieving himself outside. No need in letting those underpads take up precious space in your home that could be used for something else. Believe it or not, underpads can do way more than just soak up your canine’s puke, pee, and poop. Use this checklist of clever ideas to think outside of the box and put those dog underpads to good use. Even if you have never owned any you'll have good reason to purchase a few packs.
Pet Underpads: Protect Your House
- Apartment Living - For city residents and those that reside in apartments or condominiums walking a dog every day may not be possible. Dogs and puppies can be house or potty trained for inside the home with underpads
- Doggy Placemats - For the pooch prone to making a mess at mealtime, place an underpad underneath the food and water bowls.
- Kennel/Playpen - Line kennels and playpen with a superabsorbent underpad making it easy to clean and dispose of.
- Clothing - Put them on your lap to protect your pants, skirt or dress from shedding dog hair or urine that may leak out from excitement.
- Floor Protection - After walking your dog use pads to thoroughly dry off before entering the home with muddy, wet or stained paws.
- Furniture - Protect home furniture from scratches or that unexpected bowel movement.
For Your Pet's Health
- Sick Dogs - When your dog feels under the weather easily clean up diarrhea or vomiting accidents.
- Surgery - While your dog is recovering from surgery they may have leaks, drainage of fluids or blood. An underpad can be placed under the mattress as added protection.
- Vet Appointments - Visiting the veterinarian can get your puppies nerves worked up resulting in accidents from being nervous. Use an underpad in your car as well while at the appointment.
- Whelping - For breeders and those that own dogs that will be whelping(giving birth) underpads are perfect for providing a clean surface for giving birth. Also great for cleaning up the birthing area quickly and disposing of.
Pet Health, Wellness, and Other Great Uses
- Traveling - Whether you are running errands or on a spontaneous road trip, dog underpads can protect car seats and floor from potty accidents. Keep a few of them handy in your glove box or trunk.
- Dog Carriers and Crates - Use to line the stylish dog carrier to tote your small Norwich Terrier dog around in. Or use for protecting your larger dog's portable crate.
- Grooming - When grooming at home use pads to collect excess hair shavings, shampoo and other products that might waste.
- Donate to a Local Dog Shelter - Help out other furry friends in need! Donate to a local dog shelter or humane society that can put them to good use.
Underpads are great for incontinence and house training dogs, but a little creativity can go a long way to think outside the box. Keep an extra supply of underpads on hand because you never know when you might need one.