Managing Dry Skin While Wearing Adult Diapers? Try These 3 Products
Raw skin. Itchy skin. Dry skin. It’s safe to say that no one wants to deal with these skin issues, especially during summer. If you’re wearing disposable products like adult diapers, absorbent underwear or pads it’s even more important that you take care of your skin.
Which products can moisturize and cleanse your skin? We’ll give you our top 3 skincare products below. Because no one wants to wear their absorbent product and feel dry or itchy.
Disclaimer: Please remember to consult with your primary care physician if you have regular skin issues. NorthShore is not a substitute for medical care.
1. Medline Soothe & Cool Moisture Barrier Ointment – This ointment is the first step in preventing raw skin and diaper rash. If you’ve been wearing adult diapers you know how important it is to keep a barrier for your skin. Fecal and urine can cause irritation to your skin if both are in contact with it for long periods of time. A high-quality ointment is not only needed for users that have to wear their product for long periods of time; it also contains vitamins that keep the skin nourished.
Hear what other people are saying:
- Medline is a trusted brand used by healthcare professionals
"When I was bedridden back in 2006 the RN that help with my care at home. The nurse that took care of me recommended this product and said it was the best product on the market." - Larry
- Caregiver’s favorite for their loved one's incontinence needs
"The caregivers say this is the best product we have found for adult incontinence care and other common vendors don't carry it." - Veronica
- The ointment can be used by people of all ages
"Moisturizing barrier cream works as advertised, would recommend to any person." - Joseph personal review
2. Medline 4-in-1 Cleansing Lotion – This spray-able, no-rinse, full-body lotion keeps your skin moisturized and protected. If your skin is prone to dryness, then you’ll want to consider this lotion. The spray includes aloe vera and olivamine, both ingredients that help repair damaged skin.
- Easy to use – no rinsing needed, just spray on the area you wish to cleanse and wipe with a washcloth
- Keeps skin clean without drying out
- Use for all areas of the body including face and perineal area
3. NorthShore® Supreme Quilted Wipes – The everyday wipe that’s tough on cleaning messes but extra soft on the skin. After a void, you'll want to make sure you’re keeping your perineal area clean. Bowel voids that sit in your diaper may cause yeast or other infections, so the cleaner down there, the better. You can also use these wipes for non-cleaning after changes too. Use the wipes for traveling, hiking or after a long walk outside.
- Extra-large wipes designed that offer more coverage than the average adult wipe (9" X 13")
- Soft, quilted material picks up more for heavy messes & resistant to fingernail tears
- Ideal for people with sensitive skin (hypoallergenic)
- Unscented and alcohol-free
“I have learned to keep these wipes on hand for those times when a nice cleansing is pertinent to maintain my skin health! These are the best wipes for me, particularly after changing a soiled diaper” – Cheri
You don't need to have raw skin, dry skin, or itchy skin anymore. Instead have soft, clean, moisturized skin this season. Skincare products like Medline Moisture Barrier Ointment, Remedy 4-1 Cleansing Lotion, and the NorthShore® Supreme Quilted Wipes are products to keep your skin in the best condition. Be sure to consult with your primary care physician first if you have chronic skin irritation on a regular basis as additional treatment may be required.
If you have additional questions on the skincare products mentioned above, please call us at (800) 563-0161. We're always happy to help!