7 Thoughtful Ways to Show Mom You Care
Mother’s Day is over but there's still time to get her a gift. Perhaps you forgot a card or a gift, maybe your mother doesn’t live near you and you want to send her something. Whatever the case may be if you're looking for ideas for last-minute Mother's Day gifts, birthday or "just because" then take a look at our list of gift ideas that you can give her now and all year round. These gift ideas can make a world of difference to your mother and any other woman that's special in your life.
- Schedule her a (geriatric) massage- Massage helps with promoting blood circulation, combat depression and improve balance. Massage is a gift of relaxation that can be used for any aged woman. Geriatric massage is available at nationwide Massage Envys, there is probably a location near you.
- Give her a weighted blanket- Do you have a loved one with dementia? Studies have found that these special blankets can alleviate the stress associated with dementia patients. The right amount of pressure helps produce serotonin leaving the body relaxed and comfortable.
- Give her a gift card to her favorite place to eat- This may not seem personal, but gift cards can be the best gift to picky people. Nothing says I love you like the gift of food. Get mom a gift card to her favorite place to eat, a gift card to her preferred grocery store or if you have the time, cook a meal for her.
- Updated photo of the family – Photos have a powerful way to bring back memories of the past, give mom a framed photo of the family that reminds her of a special time in her life. Snapbox is a company you can use or you can always go to your local photo store nearby.
- Complimentary maid cleaning- There's no doubt about it. It's hard to keep our homes clean 24/7. It may be harder to keep the house clean for her depending on her age and mobility, so offer to pick up the tab for cleaning for a week or month.
- Aromatherapy candles- Candles can help brighten up a room, but they can also do wonders on people. Aromatherapy can help aid in better sleep, decreased muscle tension and more. Lavender and cardamom can help with relaxation while peppermint and eucalyptus help with overall mental and energy states.
- Yoga/Meditation classes – According to a study in the journal for Aging and Mental health, yoga and music were both proven to reduce the risk of anxiety and depressions in seniors. If mom is having difficulty coping with stress, then be sure to consider yoga or meditation classes for her. There are beginner classes for yoga and most park districts have them across the country, check yours for more information.
Get the woman in your life something that will keep her happy and smiling. Flowers and candies are always nice but think about the other things that can help her achieve her best self. Treat her to a relaxing massage to manage her stress, or even a special blanket to cope with anxiety. At the end of the day, you want your mother happy, healthy and comfortable.